Monday, December 9, 2013

Iced In


An arctic cold front blew in and covered our region with a thick coat of ice that brought things to a stand still.  This is what our neighborhood looked like for several days.


Fortunately I had brought home my "studio-in-a-box" and was able to do a little painting.


Everything fits neatly in this Pelican Case.



A Christmas decoration seemed like a good subject.


"Camel Candle Holder"   10" x 8"   Watercolor

And I also painted this watercolor of a great blue heron I had seen at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden.

"Great Blue Heron"   10" x 8"   Watercolor

But after a couple of days I decided to strap on my handy Yaktrax and walk the 1/2 mile to my studio... 


…to work on this cityscape of Fort Worth on a winter evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment