Monday, August 22, 2011

Flora, Fauna and Fun




In one corner of my studio I have this grouping of small paintings.  The one on top is of an iris from our backyard in Arlington before we moved to Fort Worth.  The lion is from the Fort Worth Zoo.  (If you happen to be there when he roars you will never forget it!).  I caught him in a passive moment when he had just finished sharpening his claws on a log.

The painting/collage on the bottom is by my wife.  She used recycled materials (chocolate candy wrappers, recycled papers, my reject watercolors etc.) to produce this beautiful work.  It has been said that it takes two artists to paint a painting - one to do the work, and the other to tell him when to stop before he spoils it!  Deb is that other artist for me.  She is my best and most trusted critic - and I wouldn't want to do this without her.   You can check out her blog here.

1 comment:

  1. I think all of these works are great. The Iris is gorgeous. I love the pensive expression on the magnificent lion, . . . and you are right about his roar - I have heard it too. Your wife's collage is really beautiful, and it's so interesting to hear what it is composed of. I linked to her blog and saw more of her works. She is a wonderful artist. I think I just might have another blog to start following, James.

    ReplyDelete