Thursday, January 31, 2013

My New Favorite Brushes


In his classic book "The Painter In Oil", published in 1898,  Daniel Burleigh Parkhurst wrote: 

"You should always be on the lookout for a good brush; and whenever you run across one, buy it, no matter how many you have already."

I took his advice and purchased some highly recommended Rosemary and Co. brushes when I was at last year's Portrait Society of America conference in Philadelphia.  Rosemary herself had flown in from the Yorkshire Dales to show and sell her brushes.
  
They are now my absolute favorites.


The brushes come by Royal Mail and usually arrive within a week of ordering them online. 





Parkhurst also said, "There is nothing which comes nearer to yourself than the brush which carries out your idea in paint."
You can view Rosemary's online catalog here.
  

2 comments:

  1. I am quite sure these new brushes will produce wonderful paintings when carried out through your hand. Even the photograph of the brushes intrigues me - anticipating what is to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been curious about Rosemary Brushes myself. Which variety of brushes did you buy?
    Regards - John Fleck

    ReplyDelete