Thursday, June 23, 2011

Deep Greens and Blues (are the colors I choose)

"Water Lily" (in progress)   11" x 14"   Oil 


Lily pads have the most amazing variety of warm and cool greens!  I found these in a small pond at the Fuller Garden - within the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.  

I had a teacher (the kind who instills fear) in art school who once came by when I was painting in class and said my palette was more interesting than my painting.  From that day forward I've tried to make my painting more interesting than my palette - but sometimes the palette wins out.


3 comments:

  1. Both painting and palette are interesting - and the colors are beautiful. It would be a toss, but I think your painting clearly wins out. Makes me want to visit the Fuller Gardens. Your work is superb. I enjoy your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for lily pads and water gardens. I love your work! It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete