Monday, February 28, 2011

Fresh Canvas

Just stretched a fresh linen canvas, put it on the easel, squeezed fresh paint on my palette, and now the real fun begins!  I love to paint (as my wife says, I can't not paint) and beginning a new painting is always exciting.



The painting I'm beginning today isn't actually a Fort Worth subject, but is a commissioned portrait of a young man and his dog in Central Park.  I will be working on several portrait commissions during this year in addition to the Fort Worth paintings.

Below is the small study I presented to my client to give a general idea of the composition and color  I envision for the portrait.  As I paint the large portrait, I will refer to this study and the photographs I took the day I spent in New York with Charles and his dog Casey.

Study for "Charles and Casey"   8" x 6"   Oil





No comments:

Post a Comment